A Speed Reduction From 60 kmph To 50 kmph
AlburyCity have advised they will soon be introducing a range of traffic safety improvements in Glenroy, following a detailed assessment of traffic behaviour and risks in the area.
The investigations were conducted after residents raised concerns for the safety of motorists and pedestrians.
From Tuesday 8 October, council will begin work on the following changes:
- A speed reduction from 60 kmph to 50k kmph on Gap Road, Tenbrink Street and Ryan Road
- Stop signs at the intersections of Wilkinson/Tenbrink and Hodge/Tenbrink Streets
- A channelised right-turn lane for northbound vehicles on Tenbrink Street at the intersection of Hodge Street
- Installation of barrier railing at the Wilkinson/Tenbrink Street intersection
- Trial closure of the southbound access to Watson Street from the Chenery/Burrows/Ryan roundabout for three months. The closure will be assessed at the end of the trial and additional feedback sought from residents
- Continued monitoring of the Tenbrink Street/Ryan Road intersection during the trial period, with consideration for possible improvements in future.