Jensen was also ordered to pay costs of $3,752.
On 9 June 2019, the rink had to be cleared after some patrons and visitors developed headaches and became nauseous.
The court heard two children, including one who twice lost consciousness, required oxygen treatment at hospital.
A WorkSafe investigation found carbon monoxide emissions in the exhaust from an LPG powered ice resurfacing machine, that was regularly used to polish the rink, exceeded recommended levels.
The court heard the machine was defective and had not been properly maintained or tuned to minimise the levels of carbon monoxide in the exhaust emissions.
There was also no monitoring of carbon monoxide levels being undertaken at the rink and tests found inadequate ventilation meant dangerous carbon monoxide levels inside spread through the building rather than dispersing.
WorkSafe Executive Director of Health and Safety Andrew Keen said it was good luck rather than good management that the patrons and visitors at the rink did not sustain more significant injuries.
"Carbon monoxide affects the body's ability to carry oxygen to organs and can be a silent killer. Because the gas is colourless, odourless and tasteless, it is extremely difficult to identify dangerous levels without suitable detectors."
"WorkSafe will not hesitate to prosecute businesses or employers who fail to do everything possible to protect the health and safety of their workers or patrons."